From: Abu M. Muttalib [mailto:abum@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:56 PM
To: Abhijit Pawar; mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx; kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Implementation of Virtual Memory on Linux

Hi,

My concern is that I don't have any swap space.

In such scenario how virtual memory is implemented. Say there is a process
and has some pages which contain data, they become dirty and since there is
no swap space it will stay in RAM only and subsequently the page get
exhausted. If now the process request more page, is OOM is the only option
available?

How pdflush will work in such cases?

Regards and anticipation,
Abu.