Re: How can we get the list of all the shared luibraries referred during process life?

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Gopala Krishna wrote:

> what are all the libraries referred during life time of the process. I
> found ltrace command which would provide what are all the APIs referred
> during life of process. This much of granularity is not required for me.
> I also could understand we can get mapping in /proc/pid/maps which list
> the shared library mappings during life of the process.

1) ldd <binary> gives you the names of all dynamic libraries the binary is
using
2) strace -eopen gives you all the open() calls of the running process. As
dlopen() is implemented using open() system call, you can easily filter
the output just to see shared libraries. You can very probably achieve the
same with ltrace.

--
JiKos.