whether kernel thread has its own address space.

Hi all,

While I am reading "Understanding Linux Kernel" Book, I came across the following sentence in chapter 11 - Process Scheduling.

"The Schedule() function ensure that if next selected process is kernel thread, then it uses the address space used by the previos process".

Why it is required? Does the kernel thread not have its own address space?

As per my understanding the kernel thread performs the specific task. Then how the instruction of the task will get executed in previous process address space?

Thanks
Manjunath Naik