Re: kernel panic

kiran kumar wrote:

hi all,
thanks for the reply!
before the actual sk_buff is passed on to the lower layers , i am copying the sk_buff's for acks ! so that i can spoof the acks easily as the original buff will be lost!
as for as code is concerned the copying is:
  struct sk_buff *skba_copy(my variable)=skb_copy(skb,GFP_ATOMIC);
it is defined in tcp_output.c
later i pass this buff as tcp_transmit_skb(skba_copy,0)

i hope u got the clear picture!
but i doubt whether the copying procedure is correct or not ! but the kernel panics for the above modifications!
pls help me on this!

warm regards,
kiran kumar s.k
N.I.T.K,surathkal

<http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigclick.cgi/www.rediff.com/signature-home.htm/1507191490@Middle5?PARTNER=3>

We're still unable to see the ooops message... It's very difficult to see what's wrong without this. Please post the ooops message...

But, just a shot in the dark: can you use skb_clone instead of skb_copy? Did you check the return value for skb_copy? Isn't it NULL?

--
Best Regards

Alan Menegotto