Re: " C" prog Code snippet for detecting memory leak

On 4/25/06, Md.Zaheeruddin Khan <zaheer031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I had been to an interview there they asked me to write a code snippet for
> detecting
> memory leaks

So?
You want us to write that for you?
I thought you just said they wanted *you* to write it.

Or were you asking for general advice on how to detect leaks? A simple
place to start would be counting the number of allocation and freeing
calls and see if they match up. There are also nice tools written that
can do runtime analysis of code running in a virtual machine to detect
leaks and many other approaches - google's your friend.

> Expecting nice ans,

The above is about as nice as I can get when answering mails from
people expecting other people to do their work for them.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html