Re: Verify Kernel Pointer

On 4/20/06, Talib Alim <talibalm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A kernel virtual address is passed to my module. In order to avoid any
> chances of a crash, how can I verify  this pointer is pointing to a mapped
> memory location.

Can you elaborate more on this ?
what is the situation where you are passing this address to your module.
Well there is acces_ok() kernel function which validates the user
space memory address for read or write access.

Give more info of what address you are passing to your module and what
you want to do with that.

Gaurav

> Talib

> --