Re: Kernel preemption -- demo does not work

Hello,

Antonio Mancina <a.mancina@xxxxxxxx> [2006-04-12]:
> Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
> >Sorry for the late reply. I have tried to test your user space test
> >program and the kernel module inside my Qemu virtual machine. And the
> >result is...there is no delay inside the user space test program. The
> >loop is still counting while the kernel module is correctly busy
> >waiting for 10 seconds (10*HZ).
>
> Yes,  I did the test as well, using your code. Same result, it just works.

Ok, now I found the reason. All kernels I tested have the adeos-ipipe
(for RTAI or Xenomai) patch applied. Without that patch, it just
works ...

Thanks.

Regards,
  Bernhard
--
I couldn't give [Bill Gates] advice in business
and he couldn't give me advice in technology.