Re: driver initialization - module vs resident into kernel

I was trying to find out , when is the initialization done if the driver is resident into the kernel (in-built).
I didnot find any thing in the driver source code.

do_initcalls (init/main.c)

Thanks for the reply.
But isn't this function  called after the root file system has been mounted (CMIIW) and in case of nfsroot we need the network driver. So the network driver need to be initialized before the root file system is mounted...

Nilesh

--
And ye shall know the truth (source) and the truth shall set you free.