Re: Makefile - help needed (please)

Yes, I built the new set of Makefile entirely based upon LDD2 (the way they have done it for scull). Apart from all the usual stuff mentioned in it for Makefiles, I also set the ARCHMAKEFILE = arch/arm/Makefile in the kernel source directory.

It dosent work though. It would be great if someone can give me a simple example make file (or a pseudo one) which has been written for cross-compilation.

rgds
Arun

On 4/6/06, Brian Cavagnolo <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But now, I want to create my own tree of makefiles to get the modules
> compiled instead of using the top-level /usr/src/linux/Makefile. I tried
> looking at the main kernel Makefile, but couldnt make much of it. Please
> give me some pointer as to how to go about this.

Did you look at LDD2 for the 2.4 kernel?
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/ch02.html#t2

Brian

--
"There are 10 people in the world - those who understand binary and those who dont !"