Re: best way to start learning kernel hacking?

hi!

from my bookmarks
(please if someone detects a mistake, report it to me!)

i started with:
  Linux Loadable Kernel Module HOWTO
  http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Module-HOWTO.html

  The Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide
  http://www.tldp.org/LDP/khg/HyperNews/get/khg.html

  Unreliable Guide To Hacking The Linux Kernel
  http://kernelbook.sourceforge.net/kernel-hacking.html/

specifically for 2.6 series:
  The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
  http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/

  Linux Kernel Development
  (Robert Love)
  [Sams, 2003]

specifically for networking:
  The Linux TCP/IP Stack: Networking for Embedded Systems
  (Thomas F. Herbert)
  [Charles River Media Inc, 2004]

my continuos function reference:
  The Linux Kernel API
  http://kernelnewbies.org/documents/kdoc/kernel-api/linuxkernelapi.html

i've seen that some people recomends:
  HOWTO in Linux sources
  http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/lxr/source/Documentation/HOWTO

  Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition: Online Book
  http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/

and some books:
  Modern Operating Systems, 2nd ed.
  (Andrew S. Tanembaum)
  [Prentice Hall, 2001]

  Operating System Concepts
  (A. Silberchatz, P. Galvin and G. Gagne)
  [John Wiley and sons, 2001]

  Operating Systems: Design and Implementation
  (Andrew S. Tanembaum)
  [Prentice Hall, 1997]

i know it's not complete, but i hope it helps you ;)

good hacking!

topi

El dj 06 de 04 del 2006 a les 16:06 +0100, en/na Soo-Hyun Choi va
escriure:

topi <topi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>