Re: snull Network Driver from LDD2 book not compiling

On 4/1/06, Shrikanth Ramanath <shriek.007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi ,
  Has anybody worked on snull driver from the Linux Device Driver 2nd
edition.

LDD2 covers kernel 2.4 while nowadays most (all) desktop distribution uses kernel 2.6 which has many things changes since 2.4 .. so if you are using Linux kernel 2.6 use LDD3 which covers kernel 2.6

I used the same example  ( snull.c) from the net but it is not
compiling. It is showing many dependencies issues. It is reporting of
some parse error in include/linux header files. Has anybody worked on
snull... compiled it successfully, I need that code ,the makefile,
sysdep.h and the Rules.make. I have downloaded the source code from
the net but it is not compiling.

try using the same example from LDD3
LDD3 available online at:
http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/