Re: Why does CPU utilization of various unrelated tasks increase in presence of network traffic?

We faced similar kind of problem, we were trying to send the data using smtp protocol this involves creating a call to tmpfile(using with we used to create tmp file and give the file to the SMTP), bt the tmpfs is of only 512 Kb so when ever tmp file reaches the 512 Kb or goes beyond that all the other irrelevant processes were showing huge increase in CPU utilization and the system used to crash.

-Vamsi

Vijay R wrote:

There are few application that i am running. One is a kernel thread which handles DSP related functionality, "top" process, and few user level voice applications which get activated when voice data is received. The network traffic that i am sending is FTP traffic. So above mentioned process should not be affected by this traffic. I am suspecting that interrupt processing might be adding to the process utilization.

VJ