Re: CPU intensive programs on linux

On 3/18/06, Sandeep Kumar <sandeepksinha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/18/06, MHD.Tayseer Alquoatli < idoit.ief@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/18/06, Sandeep Kumar < sandeepksinha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
Can someone tell me about the Cpu intensive programs on linux. I need it for testing my code.
Or if someone has some resources, please suggest !

i could not get what you want to know .. whatr does "CPU intensive program "mean? or do you want an example of CPU intensive programs running or linux? or how Linux scheduler treat CPU intensive programs ?

Regards,
Sandeep

A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I wanted to know about some programs which are CPU Bound and can be run on linux .

crypt tools are cpu hungry .. you can check John the rippir pointed by Mulyadi
mp3/divx/mpeg encoders decoders are always cpu hungry .. check this:

http://lame.sourceforge.net/links.html
http://avifile.sourceforge.net/

you can also check scientific computing programs that uses Fast Fourier transformation library (FFTW) pointed by Mulyadi
hope this helps

MHD.Tayseer