Re: timer driver

Hello

I am not quite sure I understand your question, but here is my idea...
> I want to write a driver for 4 16-bit timers/counters. I wonder if
> there is a standard API to follow or a generic layer to register
> into. I did not get what was the posix timer implementation. Could
> you provide any information on this point ?

Maybe what you need to study is timer_list structure and
add_timer/mod_timer/del_timer/del_timer_sync functions. I am sure they
are explained in Linux Device Drivers 3rd edition

Feel free to explain in detail if that's not what you really need.

regards

Mulyadi