Re: Measure CPU time accurately

Hi,

I have managed to measure the cpu time in nanoseconds. On i386 I used
the monotonic_clock() to measure the cpu time.

--- Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi...
>
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 05:06, Mauricio Lin wrote:
> >  I am trying to measure the CPU time accurately used by a process
> in
> > the schedule function through sched_info_depart() and
> > sched_info_arrive(), but most of time the calculated CPU time is
> > zero.
>
> Where do you get the total CPU time spent by the process? from
> t->sched_info.cpu_time ?

Yes, it was based on t->sched_info.cpu_time, but instead of accumulate
the all cpu time, I needed just the diff=jiffies
-t->sched_info.last_arrival in the sched_info_depart().

The problem was most of time the diff was zero. So to solve this
problem I used a monotonic_clock() function that provide more accurate
way to measure cpu time.

Any comments?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com