Da: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx per conto di Rajaram Suryanarayanan
Inviato: mer 15/03/2006 11.31
A: arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Fawad Lateef; kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: EXPORT_NO_SYMBOLS

Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	> I tried using "static int i_hello;".
	> Still the symbol gets exported. Can anybody please clarify ?

	define "exported" ....

	/proc/kallsyms is not the list of exported symbols. At all. So if you
	judge by that... you're looking in the wrong place.

	Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
	FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/

Can you please explain what do you mean by "define exported" ? Any sample code ?
I remember studying in the kernel module programming guide that /proc/kallsyms contains the exported symbols. If that is not so, where can we view the symbols  ?

Thanks,
Rajaram.

Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/virusall/*http://communications.yahoo.com/features.php?page=221>  helps detect nasty viruses!

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.