Re: Re: dentry cache

HI Arjan...

> there IS no such thing!
> Each process has it's OWN mount tree, including own "root
> filesystem". It's called "namespaces". Sure, often they're shared.
> But that's not a given.

I see...maybe Ashish referred to root filesystem in init's name space?
After all, init is the ancestor of all processes....so usually what we
refer as root file system is the root fs of init....

> So read again:
> THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS *THE* ROOT FILESYSTEM.

beg me pardon, if there is no such thing called root filesystem, then
what is the approriate term we must use to refer a partition that is
mounted on "/' inside init's namespace?

> no because a mount point can be mounted in different places, and you
> don't know which one to chase.

Mount point to be mounted in different place? or the partition to be
mounted in different place? or are you reffering to something like:
mount --bind olddir newdir ?

thank you in advance

regards

Mulyadi