Re: Translating Linear Address to Physical

Hi,

Le Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:44:55 +0200,
"Doron Bleiberg" <kernel.doron@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> 1) Linux uses the same base address (0x0) for both CS and DS. Each
> segment spans 4MB of memory.

s/4MB/4GB

> values. How can I be sure that this split will work and the given
> page directory, page table and page offset will have the correct
> values? What makes this magic works?

The Linux kernel.

The kernel takes care of maintaining and updating the page directory
and the page tables of each address space.

Don't hesitate to ask more specific questions than "how does it
work" ;-)

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni - thomas.petazzoni@xxxxxxxx