Re: Error message: "0-order allocation failed" ???

Xiangfei Jia wrote:

I'm writing a kernel module. Most of the time, when I insert the module into the kernel, I got the error messgage from the kernel saying:
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x20/0)

I think the error message says that there is not a single page to be used for allocation. BUT, my module doesn't use a lot memory. I checked the message usage after inserting the module, there are still more free memory available. I'm quite confused what causes the problem. Can I get some help to figure out the problem??

Perhaps you are requesting a page from a heavily-used zone?

Please include your code, or no one will be able to help you.

-- JK