Re: Anybody know about i_flock?

On 2/26/06, Richard Johnson <richj25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

   I'm rooting around in the VFS code and I'm having a problem
with i_flocks. It appears that when a lock is put on an inode
a file_lock structure is added to i_flock list and also added to
a list of all file_lock(s). Is there any documentation that talks
about the overall design of this file locking business?

Understanding the Linux kernel 2nd and 3rd edition talks about file locking at the end of the VFS chapter .. i don't know if it really addresses your issue .. but you can check it anyway
thanks

MHD.Tayseer

Also, I
don't understand the concept of a lease (lease_modify, time_out_leases
and so on). Can anyone explain what a lease is?

Best regards,

--
Richard Johnson
richj25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx