Re: Can't access the superblock list.

On 2/23/06, Avishay Traeger <atraeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 13:26 +0530, prasad Musale wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>                     I am developing a stackable file system raif. I
> want to access the the superblock list 's_list'. The code is as
> follows:

As I told you in your previous posts, you should look at the code for
unionfs instead of file systems included in the kernel (it is a
stackable fanout file system, like RAIF).  You can check the code here:

http://www.filesystems.org/project-unionfs.html

> 2) Based on this vfat super block i want to access the content of vfat
> file system(vfat partition on my disk). That means 'ls' on my
> filesystem mountpoint should be get redirected to vfat & vfat content
> should be shown. I want to know that which functions(inode operations
> & file operations) are involved in 'ls'. Are they 'lookup' ,'open',
> 'readdir'? so that i can modify them.
> How should i redirect the 'ls' to point to content of vfat.

The code you included does not look like a stackable file system.  One
obvious thing that is missing is mount-time options.  The user should
specify the mount points for the lower-level file systems.  It is very
very wrong to just hard-code "vfat" because that's what you have on your
machine.

As for the system calls that 'ls' uses, try using strace.

Avishay Traeger
http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/~avishay/

Thanks for your help. I got the solution. Actually i have taken spin_lock on superblock & allocated memory for pointers i defined. The problem get solved.
Thanks once again.
Regarding mountpoints, i was just trying for vfat, we are going for mount options but firstly we are testing it for vfat.

Prasad Musale