address space size of running kernel

Hi guys.

Trying to configure a just installed copy of VmWare Beta... This
configuration script wants to build a module that fits with my system,
and ask me for the directory of C header files that match the running
kernel, but the "amazing" output say this:

"The kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have the
same address space size as your running kernel."

Well, my running kernel is the 2.6.16-rc3, downloaded from
http://kernel.org and was built without any kind of problem.

The directory i give to the VmWare configuration script
is /usr/src/linux-2.6.16-rc3/include.

My question to the list is: Why the same headers include directory used
for compile and install the kernel don't have the same address space
size that the "running kernel"?, what are the posible causes of this?.

A very big Thanks you, in advance.

Regards.

Jose.

--
http://www.lordofunix.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.