Re: Why does not select() work on SysV Message Queues?

ya I came across that before, but that guy fails to mention why this
was not present in the API in the first place. I mean technically it
is perfectly possible to implement it, but it was never implemented. I
have seen many esoteric features being implemented in the Linux
Kernel, but the reason why this was never taken up is what is
bothering me. Is it because there are no takers for this feature? or
is it some other reason? If somebody can bring the historical context
why this was never implemented, it would be of great help.

The reason I want this is that, I have seen too many people complain
about the lack of this feature. (and the workarounds they use are so
damn ugly!!) So I was wondering what was in the minds of the
API/kernel implementers when they skipped over this feature...

Regards,
Bhanu.

--
The difference between Theory and Practice is more so in Practice than
in Theory.