Re: hi

On 14 Feb 2006 12:51:27 -0000, kiran kumar <kiran07_nitk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i am interested in device driver programming!
pls help me how to go about it! e-books,docs,material which will help me out!
let me know wht projects we can do in this field!

Well firstly you shoudl get your general understanding of Operating systems clear.Get your basics clear, improve C and if possible AT&T assembly if u can :-).

Go through books like LKD by rml, LDD by greg, rubini and Understanding Linux kernel by cesati and bovet.

There is also a very basic book on Linux kernel by name Linux kernel primer by some lady( sorry i dont remember her name )... may be it ll help you in beginning.

And more importantly see for yourself how is it done in the kernel by going through the source code.After all its where the beauty of OSS becomes self evident ;-).

Use the google.

last but not the least dont loose hope we all are here to help each other. Ask questions after you have tried your best :-).

All the best

warm regards,
kiran kumar s.k
N.I.T.K,surathkal