Re: Restore kdbg - how?

On 2/9/06, Srinivas G. <srinivasg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have FC3 installed on my i386 box.
> Over it I have installed 2.6.10 kernel. In order to take the advantage
> of kdb, I am planning to install the kdb patch and run it.

Ok, good :)

> In the mean time, accidentally, I deleted the kdbg command line tool
> from /usr/bin/.
> In order to restore the kdbg again, I tried to install the kdbg rpm form
> FC3 dist. It says I have got a latest version. I think kdbg tool comes
> with FC#3 dist and not kernel. So, what do I do now?

Ya, kdbg is a user space tool and not related to kernel !

> My question is:
> How do I restore the command now? How do I restore the deleted commands
> accidentally?

For re-installing the deleted tools (but their rpms are still
installed) first un-install the rpms related to them and then
re-install the rpm from the distribution CD. Commands for
un-installing and installing are :

1) First get the rpm name/information exactly for your tool like
                  rpm -qa | grep kdbg

2) When got the rpm name then uninstall it by running
                  rpm -e kdbg-<your_version_number>

3) Then re-install the rpm
                  rpm -i kdbg-<your_ver_number>

I hope this will help !