Expalin Schedule_work Working ....

Newbie Grp

I am working on a Block driver.
I have a big protocol to be implemented in the initialization of the
driver which will be used by the driver at a later point of time to
read/write to the devices.
This takes up good time.

So, I used schedule_work( ) to schedule a task through kernel queue and
execute it at a later point of time.
I think this should obviously give control to the USER terminal by
scheduling the work to execute at a later point of time.

But, the results are the same & I find no difference in terminal
occupation.
It is same as the version of driver without schedulke_work () usage. Do
I have any misconceptions regarding the working of schedulke_work ()?

Does someone have an idea about why does this happen. Do I have

Regards,
Mukund Jampala