Re: System hangs when kdb is invoked.

Fawad Lateef <fawadlateef@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/20/06, Rajaram Suryanarayanan wrote:

> Thanks again Lateef !
> Please forget that "Ctrl+alt+f2" issue :)

ok :)

> My problem is "Once I get in to the single user mode / pseudo terminal and
> invoke kdb, the system hangs after displaying the kdb prompt, and nothing
> works ! No keyboard presses etc..."

Have you tried kdb using multi-user-mode (init level 3) ? I havn't
used kdb on single-user-mode ! but just tested my 2.6.14 with kdb on
single-user-mode and its working ...

> As you advised, I will try recompiling the kernel. But can you please let me
> know specifically what option should I check ? I want to somehow try my
> hands on kdb !! :)

I am attaching my .config, you can compare it with yours. I can't
specifically tells the option :)

> And I sincerely appreciate and thank for your help on this.

You are well come !

--
Fawad Lateef

Lateef , Thanks for the .config file.
But BAD LUCK, your .config options doesn't work for me !!
The system just throws a kdb prompt whenever I press PAUSE or some oops happen, and hangs without any response to keyboard press etc :(

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!