Re: struct bus_type query!!!!

On 1/20/06, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> in device.h in the kernel source, bus_type structure defines a bus type
> right?

Yes.

> i want to ask, can i create a virtual bus using the device model and
> redirect all requests for it through a virtual driver made to handle
> requests under such virtual bus?

Yes.

> Also my 2nd ques is can i use Kernel Event layer in conjunction with such a
> virtual bus somehow??

Yes.

thanks,

greg k-h
/me feels there will probably be a follow-on question after this...

Thanks a lot greg and  yes you anticipated  rightly there's another ques i want to ask :)

can i register my bus with any existing subsystem int the kernel i like ?

or there is a need of creating a virtual subsystem too for such a virtual bus ?

Finally greg can you plz give me some pointers to Kernel Event layer API specifically, couldnt find much on googling.

thanks you

--
play the game