From: Fawad Lateef <fawadlateef@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Raseel Bhagat <rabhagat@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx, satheesh paul <satheesh_kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "MHD.Tayseer Alquoatli" <idoit.ief@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: kernel development environment
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:15:54 -0800

On 1/18/06, Raseel Bhagat <rabhagat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  MHD.Tayseer Alquoatli wrote:
>>
>> most probably you won't need porting the kernel cause ARM is already
>> supported by the linux kernel
>>
>> you can check the /src/arch/arm subtree for the supported processors
>> if you wanna run MMU-less ARM Microcontrollers you've to consider using >> uclinux "www.uclinux.org" which is a port of linux kernel to many MMUless Mc
>> and ARM is well supported also
>
> Actually, I think what satheesh wanted to say, Tayseer is that he wants to
> cross-compile the kernel with his own modules/patches in the host
> environment and then get it to run on a embedded target SBC such as a ARM
> board or somthin'.
>
>  Am I right ?

Ya, I think you are right Raseel, and for this cross
compilation/embedded development different embedded distributions with
compilation tools available freely can be used like snapgear embedded
linux distro (http://snapgear.org/snapgear/downloads.html), eCos
(http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html) or just seach google for
some more ...

> "SASKEN RATED Among THE Top 3 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN INDIA - SURVEY
> 2005 conducted by the BUSINESS TODAY - Mercer - TNS India"
>
>                            SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
> This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged
> information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the
> message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute,
<snip>
> for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email

Do get rid of this Disclaimer because you are mailing on the list so
its no longer confidential, and if not able to get rid of it then
change your email client .... And also do reply using reply-to fuction
!

--
Fawad Lateef

Shah Rukh fan? Know all about the Baadshah of Bollywood. On MSN Search http://server1.msn.co.in/profile/shahrukh.asp