Access to tcp protocol handler

Hi All,

This is my first post to the kernelnewbies mailing list.

I am writing a new network protocol in the form of a module. I finished writing it in kernel 2.6.9 on Fedora Core 3 distribution. It is working great.
However my implementation is not working on newer kernels like 2.6.12 etc. On doing some research i found the reason why it broke.

In my implementation i need access to the tcp_protocol handler which i used to get using the following lines of code:

extern struct net_protocol tcp_protocol;
tcp_protocol.handler(skb);

However after kernel 2.6.9, the export of the variables like tcp_protocol or udp_protocol has been removed and hence i cannot access the handler using them. Does any body know of a way to get access to the tcp_protocol handler.

Let me know if anything is not clear as mentioned above.

Thanks in advance,
Saurabh