Re: Passing user-space addr. to PCI driver?

Hi,

Medeiros Edward M NPRI a écrit :

> Thank you for your reply.  I am not implementing either a "block" or
> "char" driver but rather a PCI device driver based on "pci_skel.c"

You are making a confusion here: the fact that a driver is "block" or
"char" has nothing to do with the underlying mechanism used to
communicate with the devices.

For example, the ATA driver is a block driver, because it allows to
access hard drives, CD-ROM drivers, etc. But to access the ATA
controllers, it uses the PCI bus.

There are also block driver or character drivers that work over the USB
bus, for example.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--