Re: SIGUSR1 function call?

Hi

On 1/10/06, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Most of the time, sending a signal to a user-space process from the
> kernel is a bad idea.

Does it influence on perfomance as much? Please, explain your point of
view. Thank you

> Why do you need to do that ?

I didn't find any other and better solution for notification informing
from kernel to user-level application than signals.

I've implemented driver, which waits for some event from external
device. When this event comes, i should notify ASAP my user-space
application from kernel to achieve the fastest reaction. Now i am
using only signals and i don't know what i can do else. Can you advice
me something ? Thank you!

With best regards,
Sergey Semionov