local_irq_disable()

Hi,

I  just learnt about local_irq_disable() function to  disable the interrupts on the local processor.  I wanted to see it working. For this I tried inserting local_irq_disable() call inside my kernel module and inserted it.
After insertion of the module, I expected something to happen like I should not be able to use keyboard / mouse.
But nothing happened. Can anybody pls let me know how to disable the interrupts and see it working ? Any sample code would be helpful !

Thanks,
Rajaram.

Yahoo! Photos