Re: MMUless Linux 2.6 for x86

On 1/7/06, Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 13:05 +0100, +BigNose wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I don't know if this is the right place to ask my question. If not,
> > please tell me where to put the question...
> >
> > I read in several places, that Linux 2.6 can be configured with no
> > Virtual Memory Support. But I couldn't find any such option in the
> > kernel config. The only option I found was to disable the Swapping.
> > But not the Virtual Memory System.

AFAIK there is no option to tell your Linux kernel to ignore VM .. i
think you are talking about uclinux:
http://www.uclinux.org/
which is a port of the Linux kernel to MMUless hardware and to some of
MMU capable hardware and it's widely used in embedded environments..
you can check the available port .. but AFAIK there is no port for x86
as it is an MMU capable hardware
MHD.Tayseer