PCI driver confusion

Hello,

I am writing a driver for a PCI data acquisition board for the 2.6 kernel.  My board has DMA capability and generates an interrupt when it has completed a DMA transfer.  Once the data is buffered I want a user-space process to perform signal processing operations on the data.  Can anyone offer advice on how to accomplish the following?

Obviously in order to do a DMA transfer the board needs the address of a DMA destination buffer.  If a user-space process is to access the data this DMA buffer must be in user space.  How can I pass a user-space address to my PCI driver.  Can a user-space process call a driver function and pass this address as an argument?