How to send signals from kernel space to user space.

Hello everybody,

I am newbie to linux. We are developing an embedded application.  We are
plugging a USB mass storage device.  We are using a devfs to create a device
entry. I want to mount the USB device as soon as the device is attached and
recognised. For this i want to send use a signal handler to signal the
insertion of the device, so that i can mount it.

Please help me in this

thanks in advance,
Narendra