using O_DIRECT to write mmap()'ed IO.

Hi all.

I am having some troubles with open() O_DIRECT.

When trying to write out the contents of a mmap()'ed IO buffer using
O_DIRECT, I get a "Bad Address" error. This happens on debian kernels
above 2.6.8 and Fedora Core 4 kernels. Like wise with vanilla
kernel.org kernels.

However, with debian's provided 2.6.8 kernel, there was not such issue.

Everything works fine if O_DIRECT is not used. The memery I am workign
with is 512 byte aligned.

I am unsure and am hoping someone can point me into the right
direction. I have spent a fair amount of time on google and review
vendor kernels and kernel.org changelogs, but have not seen anything
that might help.

Thanks in advance.

Michael