Re: about linux kernel thread

Hello...

> User-level threads is usually used to mean "the user-space library
> creates some kind of threads inside a single process". Ie. the
> threads NOT created with clone(). In this sense, pthreads do NOT
> create user-level threads. They create kernel-level threads. Which
> are not to be confused with kernel threads.

I just hope my previous explanation doesn't confuse Tayser. However just
want to point out, for non UNIX example of such user-level thread, take
a look on Windows fibre. It is a schedulable entity that completely
live in user space only and scheduled in cooperative style. From
scheduler point of view, Windows Fibres are just a single process
managed by one kernel level thread.

regards

Mulyadi