Looking for an I/O performance test tool for iSCSI target

Hi all,

  I am a newbie in this group. I am seeking for a performance measurement tool to catch the IO activity on SCSI disks.

  I am using iSCSI target at Linux machine (which is dual CPU with Hyper threaded, and OS is Linux stock kernel 2.6.9), and using Microsoft Windows Initiator 1.06 on Windows professional 2000 machine.

  And I am performing I/O from Windows Initiator machine using IOmeter. I want to measure the disk throughput from Linux target machine while performing I/O.

I have investigated tools like iostat, sar , but they all work on block layer and unable to capture or record the SCSI disk activity.

  Actually I am looking for an I/O tool that could capture the disk activity from lower layer drivers of SCSI subsystem because AFAIK iSCSI request from initiator for read /write are handled by middle/lower level SCSI driver at target machine and block layer of SCSI does not come in picture in I/O activity.

  So please refer any IO measurement tool that could record or show SCSI disk IO activity at target machine.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
--
Manish Verma