Re: trying to change compilers

hello Ravichandran

> I am trying to compile alsa tools in a smaller linux.can anyone tell
> me how do I change compilation from cc to somother say
> i386-uclibc-gcc as I do not find it in configuration script? do I
> need to use makefile.in??

How about...simply replace CC and HOSTCC inside the Makefile in kernel
source's top directory with your preferred compiler? Of course, besides
that, you need to be aware of certain incompatibility problem that
might arise
e.g. : does your compiler support support certain gcc extension that is
used several time by Linux kernel (for example _builtin_expect() )

hope it helps

regards

Mulyadi