Re: Linux TCP/IP Stack Performance Tool

Hello....

>             Can anyone point out a tool which would allow me to know
> the usage of various buffers which are used in the TCP/IP stack in
> the Linux Kernel? I am looking for ways to analyse the performance of
> the TCP/IP stack and tune the buffer sizes etc. Any help is
> appreciated. I know that the /proc  filesystem has a number of
> options with statistics tracking, is there anything we can use for
> network stack performance analysis?

Since Ohad had pointed you to the tools such as arsenic, here I also
suggest to take a look on User Mode Linux
(user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net). Since it brings the whole Linux
kernel into userland, you can easily peek into various part of Linux
network stack, put breakpoint ,do additional code instrumentation ,
even simulate a networked PC using UML.

Qemu (http://bellard.org/qemu), a system emulator is another choice.

regards

Mulyadi