what is the function of entry.S?

Dear everyone

recently I took a close look on entry.S under arch/i386/kernel (2.4.x
and 2.6.x). from what I read so far, I get conclusion that it is a mix
of linker and assembler script serving for one goal...defining system
call and fault low level handler

My confusions are:
1. AFAIK, assembly source isn't mixed with normal C file header, but in
this case i saw "#include" directive referring to 5-6 headers. Is this
valid ?

2. Seems like ENTRY() is used for defining function, but from what I
read at "info ld":
"The first instruction to execute in a program is called the "entry
point".  You can use the `ENTRY' linker script command to set the entry
point.  The argument is a symbol name:
     ENTRY(SYMBOL)"

Does it mean, entry.S has multiple starting point?

3. If ENTRY() is indeed declaring a function, how someone call it?  by
using "extern" on another C source code? And how the C code refer to
the .S file? by pointing directly to the .S file or the header file
(.h)?

regards

Mulyadi