Re: Query

On 11/10/05, Devendra S. Mahra <devendra.sm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       can anyone plz explain the difference between these three :
>
>    1. Seperate Kernel

Seperate kernel means ? there must be a single kernel present/running
in OS at any time !

>    2. OS function executing within user processes.

These are the System Calls, which executes OS functions on the behalf
of the user process request. Like user issues a read/write command on
the storage etc ...

>    3. OS functions executing as seperate processes.

This you can say the OS services running for OS management puposes !
Like Scheduler/Process Management .... You can consider threads in
Linux kernel as a OS function executing as seperate process !

>          Please give example of some real operating system for each approach
> respectively .  What approach does linux kernel follow out of these ?

Is this your assignment or homework to do ? I don't think they are
different things now-a-days as I mentioned with examples that 2 and 3
are in the Linux Kernel and also in Windows Kernel ! And 1 is not
clear (atleast to me !)

--
Fawad Lateef