Re: Linux for 50 MB usb

On 11/3/05, Ravichandran <sravich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> can I load Linux on to a USB with linux kernel source any size but the
> binary or any executable should be less than 50MB(preferably) or 128 MB.
>
> can I find these sort of linux directly downloadable?? Any idea.

You can get the distro like http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ which are
around 50MB in size, but for kernel source you need a kernel compiled
by your-self on USB from which you can boot along-with the source code
of kernel (full code in extracted form is around 250MB AFAIR). Or
other idea is use any distro which can be able to fit in 50MB like
damn-small-linux and then install kernel-rpm and
kernel-source-rpm_with_header_files_only of any other distro like from
Fedora Core 4 (FC4) (keep in mind its 2.6.11 kernel) because
by-default FC4 has source-rpm having only header-files (size is very
small) so that you will be able to compile your module (not kernel)
and I hope your linux-distro (damnsmalllinux), kernel-rpm with
source-headers only will fit with-in 128MB but I am not 100% sure !

> Pl throw in some idea.

Write your mails in full words not in abbreviation like Pl  ... And do
get rid of DISCLAIMER in the end of your mails .

--
Fawad Lateef