Re: when does a process sleep in reading a file from disk?

The end_io function for read is bio->bi_end_io, which corresponds to
mpage_end_io_read. In this function, it only checks if the pages in the
bio are up to date, because it is possible that the read has been finished
at now. But if not, the page is set a PG_error. after each page is
checked, whole function return. For the ide_do_request, it enables the
iterrupt for ide disk intr. Your citation of the "take short snooze"just
says that there should be a fair chance for multiple hwgroups, so give it
a little idle time to make others have chance to run. it is a hardware
sleep not a process sleep. Thank Fawad for your help, anybody could help
giving a final conclusion?