Re: when does a process sleep in reading a file from disk?

Thanks for your reply, Fawad :) I have the similar thought as you. I do
believe that the current process would be put to sleep ( like in a wait
queue) at sometime when the request is queued. However, I just cannot find
the code that explicitly do this. I followed all the code from sys_read
until __make_request, at where the request is queued in the request queue.
I was wondering I might miss something. Could anybody help me out of it?