How to get CPU frequency range at early boot time?

Hi, all!
I'm working on a DVS scheduling algorithm. To initialize the scheduler, I need to get the maximum available CPU frequency as early as possible. Since the scheduler is not only for DVS relevant but also for fixed frequency desktop systems, it would be great to get the information withouth utilizing the cpufreq module. Is there a source for that information?

(The macro HZ delivers AFAIK the current frequency, which is not what I want.)

Kind regards,
Thorsten Moellers