Re: Module sizes very different comparing FC4 --> self compiled

On 10/17/05, Sven Schuster <schuster.sven@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jesper,
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 04:20:31PM +0200, Jesper Juhl told us:
> > Are you using the same .config for both kernels (as in take the stock
> > Fedora kernels .config and use that with  make oldconfig  in your
> > custom build one) ?
>
> if I recall correctly I have based the first kernel built on the
> new FC4 installation on the .config of an original FC4 kernel. But
> to be sure I started a kernel compile with a config based on an
> FC4 build. Still running.
>

> > I would guess it's a difference in config options that cause it.
>
> Yes of course but which?? :-)

Well, it /could/ also have been due to compiler/linker/tools in
general  differences, but since you say all those are the same I guess
config options are all that's left.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html