Re: Kernel & Page Tables

Hi,
In linux each process has seperate page table which represents 4GB of
virtual memory. In this page table 3GB is for user space memory and
1GB is for kernel space memory. As all processes run on same kernel,
the page table entries for 1GB (corresponding kernel virtual memory)
will be same for all processes.
The page table for the currently running process is pointed by the cpu
register cr3 and whenever another process is scheduled in the page
table of corresponding process is pointed by cr3.

Thanks,
Suresh