Re: Truncated ethernet frames

Hello dude :)

> I've written most of a layer 2.5 ad hoc network driver, which sits
> between the IP stack and the physical device drivers.  I'm having
> trouble sending packets, however; I can send, but all packets get
> truncated to 46 bytes (Ethernet's minimum).

I am not an expert on network stack, but your posting makes me eager to
reply :)

Anyway, what a coincidence..46..and it is a minimum of Ethernet frame?
What do you think about this line?
" memcpy(data, sahn_pb_alldata(pkt), sahn_pb_len(pkt));"

does sahn_pb_len return 46? or maybe, another
suspect...dev_queue_xmit(),  isn't that a method included in net_device
structure? is it valid to call it directly? or maybe the correct
calling is dev->dev_queue_xmit()?

Does dev_queue_xmit() handles retransmission too? Are you sure it
handles that case (failure etc etc) correctly?

personally, I suggest you to test your code inside Qemu or UML to ease
debugging...since your code doesn't touch any specific driver code
(operating at layer 2.5 ) i think you can easily migrate your code into
UML or Qemu framework.

regards

Mulyadi